The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) regularly reminds citizens to update their Aadhaar card details to ensure the accuracy of their data and a hassle-free authentication process. It is especially important to update biometric details such as photographs for children who were under 5 or 15 years old at the time of enrollment.
Additionally, as per UIDAI guidelines, there is a need for an Aadhaar photo update or other biometric information:
– If a child was under 5 years old at the time of initial enrollment, they should be re-enrolled when they turn 5 years old and provide all biometric data.
– If a child was between 5 and 15 years old at the time of enrollment, they should furnish all the biometrics for updates when they turn 15 years old.
– For residents over 15 years old at the time of enrollment, it is recommended to update their biometric data every 10 years.
– Events such as accidents or diseases leading to biometric exceptions may also necessitate an update.
– As Aadhaar authentication becomes more widespread, residents may approach for biometric updates due to authentication failures resulting from incorrect or poor-quality biometric capture at the time of enrollment.
– UIDAI may also notify residents whose biometrics are below a certain quality threshold to update their biometrics.
So, if you also want to update your Aadhaar card and change the photo that was taken years ago, here is a step-by-step guide. However, before updating, please note that UIDAI only allows online updates for addresses on Aadhaar card. For other details such as name, date of birth, photo, and more, you will need to visit an Aadhaar enrollment centre for biometric authentication.
How to update photo on an Aadhaar card
Step 1- Download the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction/Update Form from the UIDAI website- uidai.gov.in/
Step 2- Fill out the form carefully and accurately.
Step 3- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.
Step 4- Submit the form to the executive and provide your biometric details for verification.
Step 5- The executive will take a live photograph of you.
Step 6- You will need to provide your biometrics again to approve the updated details.
Step 7- You will have to pay a fee of Rs. 100 (inclusive of GST) to update your details.
Step 8- After completing the process, you will receive an Acknowledgement slip containing an Update Request Number (URN).
Step 9- You can use the URN to check the status of your Aadhaar update on the UIDAI website.