Latest Updates in e-Waybill system – E-Waybill System is provisioned with following new features for the Enrolled Transporters, Common Enrolled Taxpayers.
- De-registration for Transporters: The transporters registered in e-Waybill Portal using Enrolment (based on PAN) and no longer want to continue in e-waybill system can now de- enrol themselves in the e-Waybill System. Once de-enrolled, they will not be able to access the e-Waybill portal. So, any enrolled transporter willing to de-register in EWB system can make use of this facility.
Once de-registered, the Transporter Id cannot be used in e-Waybills. Also, the Part-B details cannot be updated for the de-registered Transporter Id.
- Cancellation of Common Enrolment: Some of the taxpayers have done common enrolment but do not want to continue with common enrol Id for whatever reason. Such taxpayers can cancel the same. So, a facility to de-register from common enrolment is provisioned. Taxpayers can make use of this facility to de-register.
- Once, the common enrolment Id is cancelled, consequently, it cannot be used to update the transporter details. However, the Part-B details can be updated for the EWBs that are already assigned with common enrolment Id before the cancellation.
- A time limit of 1 month will be provided after the cancellation of common enrolment. Subsequently, the login will be blocked and no further activity can be performed in the e- Waybill system. his/her GSTIN and generate e-waybills.
- Once the common enrol id is cancelled, the user can again login using the credentials of
- 2 Factor authentication: In order to secure the e-waybill login access, 2 Factor Authentication(2FA) is enabled and kept optional. However, after couple of weeks, 2FA will be made mandatory. The users operating e-waybill system from multiple locations and with single credential are advised to create sub-users immediately.